- 1 How do I get a C1 driving Licence in Ireland?
- 2 How do I get my category C license?
- 3 What do I need to do to get a D1 Licence?
- 4 What is AC Licence Ireland?
- 5 What age can you drive alone in Ireland?
- 6 What is my driving Licence number Ireland?
- 7 What can I drive with a category C Licence?
- 8 What is the difference between Class 1 and Class 2 HGV?
- 9 What is a category E Licence?
- 10 What Licence do I need for a 17 seater minibus?
- 11 How much does a D1 Licence cost?
- 12 What can I drive with D1 Licence?
- 13 What is the largest vehicle you can drive on a car Licence?
- 14 What can I drive with a normal car Licence?
- 15 Can I drive on my own after passing my test in Ireland?
How do I get a C1 driving Licence in Ireland?
You should apply for a learner permit for Category C or C1 to drive a truck and Category D or D1 to drive a bus. Before you can apply for your first learner permit, you must first complete and pass a Driver Theory Test.
How do I get my category C license?
Steps to obtain a Cat C +E licence
- Step 1: Obtain a car driving licence.
- Step 2: Apply for a provisional lorry licence.
- Step 3: Take the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) test.
- Step 4: Take the Category E practical test.
What do I need to do to get a D1 Licence?
How to obtain D1 licence entitlement
- Step 1: Acquire provisional D1 licence (we can provide the forms)
- Step 2: Undertake a medical examination through your GP.
- Step 3: Pass the D1 theory test (we can provide the manuals for a refundable deposit)
- Step 4: Pass the practical driving test.
What is AC Licence Ireland?
Driving licence categories
|Cat||Vehicle type||Minimum age|
|C||Heavy goods vehicle||21 (without CPC), 18 (with CPC)|
|CE||Heavy goods vehicle with trailers||21 (without CPC), 18 (with CPC)|
What age can you drive alone in Ireland?
You need to be at least 17 years old to drive in Ireland.
What is my driving Licence number Ireland?
Your driver number is a 9 digit number that stays with the licence holder throughout their driving history. It appears in field 5 of your paper licence and in field 4d of the new plastic card licence or permit.
What can I drive with a category C Licence?
A category C license allows drivers to drive vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, but must not exceed 32 tonnes. Category C (or Class 2 as they are otherwise known) licenses typically cover a vehicle with a cab and trailer fixed permanently together.
What is the difference between Class 1 and Class 2 HGV?
The difference is very simple – a Class 1 licence allows you to drive a category C+E vehicle, which is basically an articulated lorry, or artic. A Class 2 licence allows you to drive a category C vehicle, or what is frequently referred to as a rigid.
What is a category E Licence?
Car & Trailer Towing ( Category B+ E ) Category B+ E is for car drivers who would like to be able to tow a trailer with their car. With a Category B+ E driving licence (car & trailer combination), you will be able to drive your car and tow a trailer with a maximum combined weight of up to 7 tonnes.
What Licence do I need for a 17 seater minibus?
Once you have successfully passed your PCV Category D1 practical test, you will then obtain a Category D1 ( minibus licence ) on your driving licence which will entitle you to drive any minibus up to 17 seats (including drivers seat ) for private or hire and reward purposes.
How much does a D1 Licence cost?
D1 Minibus training cost: £500+VAT (£600) plus £115 DVSA test fee. D1 +E Minibus and Trailer training cost: £350+VAT (£420) plus £115 DVSA test fee. Get in touch for details.
What can I drive with D1 Licence?
With the D1 driving licence category, you can drive a minibus with no more than 16 passenger seats and a maximum length of 8 metres, once you’ve passed the relevant test. You’ll also be able to tow a trailer up to a maximum weight of 750kg.
What is the largest vehicle you can drive on a car Licence?
You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg MAM with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg). You can also tow heavier trailers if the total MAM of the vehicle and trailer is not more than 3,500kg. You can drive motor tricycles with a power output higher than 15kW if you are over 21 years old.
What can I drive with a normal car Licence?
Other vehicles you can drive with a standard licence q – You can drive two- and three-wheeled vehicles without pedals with an engine size of no more than 50cc.
Can I drive on my own after passing my test in Ireland?
If you pass, you will be given a Certificate of Competency, which is valid for two years. It is important to note, however, that a Certificate of Competency is not a licence, and a driver holding one cannot drive on a motorway, remove their ‘L’ plates or drive unaccompanied until they possess their full licence.