- 1 What are the 32 counties of Ireland?
- 2 What are the 4 counties of Ireland?
- 3 Which is the largest county in Ireland?
- 4 What is the richest county in Ireland?
- 5 What is Ireland’s nickname?
- 6 What’s the smallest county in Ireland?
- 7 What does 32 mean in Ireland?
- 8 What is Southern Ireland called?
- 9 Do the Irish really say top of the morning to you?
- 10 What is the prettiest county in Ireland?
- 11 What is the most beautiful part of Ireland?
- 12 What was the first county in Ireland?
- 13 What is the most depressing town in Ireland?
- 14 What is the richest town in Ireland?
- 15 What is the best county to live in Ireland?
What are the 32 counties of Ireland?
The 32 Counties are grouped as follows;
- Ulster. Antrim, Armagh, Cavan, (London)Derry, Donegal, Down, Fermanagh, Monaghan, Tyrone.
- Leinster. Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois/Leix (aka Queens), Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly (aka Kings), Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow.
What are the 4 counties of Ireland?
Since the early 17th century, there have been four Provinces of Ireland: Connacht, Leinster, Munster, and Ulster.
Which is the largest county in Ireland?
List of Irish counties by area
What is the richest county in Ireland?
New figures from the Central Statistics Office (CSO) have revealed that Dublin is the county with the highest and Donegal is the county with the lowest per capita disposable income in Ireland.
What is Ireland’s nickname?
The nickname of Ireland is “The Emerald Isle.” The nickname comes from the large amounts of green grasses and rolling hills that can be seen all over the country.
What’s the smallest county in Ireland?
The smallest county in Ireland is county Louth, which is just 820 km² in area – 9 times smaller than county Cork. The next smallest is county Carlow, which is 896 km².
What does 32 mean in Ireland?
The 32 County Sovereignty Movement, often abbreviated to 32CSM or 32csm, is an Irish republican group that was founded by Bernadette Sands McKevitt. It does not contest elections but acts as a pressure group, with branches or cumainn organised throughout the traditional counties of Ireland.
What is Southern Ireland called?
As well as “Ireland”, “Éire” or “the Republic of Ireland”, the state is also referred to as “the Republic”, “Southern Ireland” or “the South”. In an Irish republican context it is often referred to as “the Free State” or “the 26 Counties”.
Do the Irish really say top of the morning to you?
The phrase is Irish in origin but now very rarely used in Ireland (except as a sterotypical “Irishism”). It simply means “the best of the morning to you ” – perhaps from the idea of unhomogenised milk, where the cream rises to the top.
What is the prettiest county in Ireland?
In Northern Ireland, County Antrim is arguably the most beautiful county in the country. County Antrim is a microcosm of the entire country, as within its long boundaries you can find cities, towns, villages, national parks, waterfalls, forests and coastal scenery.
What is the most beautiful part of Ireland?
From the staggering Cliffs of Moher to the pristine Killarney National Park, Ireland is home to the kind of beauty that will instantly make you a believer.
- Bunratty Castle, Co. Clare.
- Coral Beach, Carraroe, Co. Galway.
- The Long Room, Trinity College, Co. Dublin.
- Benbulben Mountain, Co. Sligo.
What was the first county in Ireland?
First, the twelve counties of medieval origin (Louth, Meath, Dublin, Kildare, Carlow, Wexford, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Cork, Limerick and Kerry) were invigorated in some cases and revived in others. Second, twenty new counties were created.
What is the most depressing town in Ireland?
BUNCLODY IS OFFICIALLY the most economically depressed town in Ireland, a new report by Teagasc shows. The County Wexford town, classified as Bunclody-Carrickduff in the report, is the worst performer out of 302 towns included.
What is the richest town in Ireland?
Dublin is the wealthiest city, especially south Dublin which is one of the wealthiest areas of Europe and the world. The Cork region closely follows behind.
What is the best county to live in Ireland?
The Best Place To Live In Ireland
- Roscommon 1.
- Sligo 5.
- Tipperary 4.
- Tyrone 1.
- Waterford 21.
- Westmeath 4.
- Wexford 10.
- Wicklow 18.