- 1 How often should a landlord replace a mattress?
- 2 Do landlords let you paint?
- 3 Should landlord paint walls?
- 4 Can you paint a rented house Ireland?
- 5 Can you ask your landlord to change mattress?
- 6 Does your landlord have to replace your mattress?
- 7 How often should a rental be painted?
- 8 Are nail holes normal wear and tear?
- 9 Do I have to paint the walls when I move out?
- 10 Are marks on walls wear and tear?
- 11 Who pays for repairs in a rented property?
- 12 Can I paint if I’m renting?
- 13 How do I ask my landlord for painting?
- 14 Can a landlord ask for bank statements Ireland?
- 15 Can I withhold rent Ireland?
How often should a landlord replace a mattress?
The Sleep Council recommends changing your mattress every 7-8 years, although their research indicates that the average person changes their mattress every 10 years but believes it can last up to 15 years. When it comes to pillows, its recommended to change these every 2 years.
Do landlords let you paint?
In California, landlords don’t have to repaint unless they’re doing so to resolve an issue like lead paint. You can ask to have your apartment’s interior walls repainted when they become faded, marred by smoke or have other damage. Your landlord may not have to honor the request, though.
Should landlord paint walls?
There’s no legal timescale for repainting a rental property. However, it’s wise to keep your property in good condition, both for the benefit of your current tenants and in order to make it easier to attract new ones. Many landlords recommend repainting (or completely redecorating) once every five to six years.
Can you paint a rented house Ireland?
If you intend to repaint, decorate or repair your rented property you must get the permission of your landlord in writing. Your landlord cannot unreasonably withhold permission but can expect to have the property returned to them in a similar condition as when it was let to you.
Can you ask your landlord to change mattress?
Unless it’s in your tenancy agreement there is no duty for a landlord to replace your mattress. The landlords repairing obligations can be found in section 11 of the landlord tenant act and are surprisingly limited. Goods supplied by the landlord would need only to be fit for purpose at the start of the tenancy.
Does your landlord have to replace your mattress?
However, if the mattress is clearly in need of replacement, ie the springs are gone and the mattress is in poor condition, then it is the landlord’s responsibility to replace the mattress in a furnished apartment and there is no question about that.
How often should a rental be painted?
When to paint a rental unit is usually at the owner’s discretion, and as long as the property is safe, cosmetic things are not mandatory to do for every turnover. Due to cost and inconvenience, most landlords paint every 3 to 5 years and try to coincide that with a turnover.
Are nail holes normal wear and tear?
Tenant cannot be charged for normal wear and tear or damage for which they were not responsible. Filling in nail holes and painting are not valid deduction (unless inherent in the cost of repairs, such as replacing a wall destroyed by tenant). Minor scratches are usually considered normal wear and tear.
Do I have to paint the walls when I move out?
Most landlords won’t let you paint unless you agree to return the walls to their original (or a neutral) color before moving out. If that’s the case you’re in, your deposit is safe as long as you do the necessary repainting.
Are marks on walls wear and tear?
If something requires repairing or replacing, intensive cleaning or the care of a specialist, it’s most likely been damaged. Holes in walls, burn marks and broken furniture are all examples of damage.
Who pays for repairs in a rented property?
Your landlord is always responsible for repairs to:
- the property’s structure and exterior.
- basins, sinks, baths and other sanitary fittings including pipes and drains.
- heating and hot water.
- gas appliances, pipes, flues and ventilation.
- electrical wiring.
- any damage they cause through attempting repairs.
Can I paint if I’m renting?
Almost all landlords will be okay with you painting your apartment—so long as you paint it back before the next tenant moves in. If you plan on painting your walls, be sure to get the name and brand of the original paint color from your landlord so you can paint the walls back before moving out.
How do I ask my landlord for painting?
How to Approach Your Landlord when You Want to Decorate.
- Be clear about what you have permission to do (get it in writing)
- Be clear about who is paying for what.
- Ask for changes during the viewing.
- Be clear about whether this is temporary and whether you have to repaint when leaving.
Can a landlord ask for bank statements Ireland?
The minimum you should request is an employer reference, a previous landlord reference, a current utility bill, current bank statements (or payslips or employer letter stating salary and finally, Photo I.D. (i.e. a Passport or Driver’s License).
Can I withhold rent Ireland?
You can only withhold a tenant’s deposit if: The tenant has not given you proper notice when ending the tenancy. You have been left with outstanding bills (for electricity, gas etc.) or unpaid rent. The tenant has caused damage beyond normal wear and tear.