- 1 How do I get my PPS number in Ireland?
- 2 How long does it take to get a PPS number?
- 3 Can I start work without a PPS number?
- 4 How do you get a PPS number for a deceased person?
- 5 How do I register for PPS?
- 6 What is Person ID number in Ireland?
- 7 Can I get paid without a PPS number?
- 8 What documents you need for PPS number?
- 9 Is a PPS number the same as national insurance number?
- 10 How can I get PPS number without address?
- 11 Do I need a PPS number to open a bank account in Ireland?
- 12 Why does a solicitor need my PPS number?
- 13 How do I check if my PPS number is valid?
- 14 How are PPS numbers generated?
How do I get my PPS number in Ireland?
If you have lost your PPS number, you can get it from Client Identity Services:
- By email at [email protected]
- By phone at +353 (0) 71 967 2616 or 1890 927 999.
How long does it take to get a PPS number?
Following your appointment it will take approximately 4-5 days for your notification of your PPS number to arrive in the post.
Can I start work without a PPS number?
For example, if you are taking up employment, you need a PPS number to register with the Revenue Commissioners. However, looking for work is not a transaction with a specified body and employers should not look for your PPS number when recruiting.
How do you get a PPS number for a deceased person?
If either the deceased or any beneficiary does not have a PPS number, then before the Inland Revenue affidavit (form CA24) is submitted to the Revenue, a PPS number must be obtained.
How do I register for PPS?
View DEMO – How to open a PPS Account or read simple steps as follow:
- Select “Open/ Update Account” from the PPS Registration Terminal.
- Swipe your ATM card.
- Select your debit bank account.
- Enter your ATM PIN.
- Enter your chosen 5 digit PPS Phone Password.
What is Person ID number in Ireland?
A Person Identity Number and Application Reference Number is created for you when you make your first application to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS). These numbers are used for immigration permission, citizenship, asylum (eg as a refugee) and other applications.
Can I get paid without a PPS number?
You cannot be paid without a PPS Number. When taking up a job in Ireland, your employer will request your PPS number to record the income tax you pay.
What documents you need for PPS number?
You can use any of the following documents to do this:
- household utility bill.
- an official letter or document.
- a financial statement.
- property lease or tenancy agreement.
- confirmation of address by a third party such as a hotel or hostel administrator or manager, school principal or property owner*
Is a PPS number the same as national insurance number?
This number is the equivalent of the National Insurance number in Northern Ireland. It is a unique identifier for use in any transactions you may have with public bodies or persons authorised by those bodies to act on their behalf.
How can I get PPS number without address?
No, you can’t. The Department of Social Protection sends in your PPSN by post and you receive a smart card (chip and mag stripe) after few days on the address given during registration.
Do I need a PPS number to open a bank account in Ireland?
Banks in Ireland have an obligation to check the identity of people opening accounts – and although proof of a PPS number is a good proof of identity, other forms of identity can be used. AIB, EBS and KBC do ask for a PPSN to open a current account.
Why does a solicitor need my PPS number?
The PPS Numbers are required to stamp the Deed of Transfer/Indenture of Conveyance for Stamp Duty purposes. The Deed of Transfer/Indenture of Conveyance must be stamped within 30 days of the closing of the sale or the outstanding Stamp Duty will incur interest and penalties.
How do I check if my PPS number is valid?
If you want to check your PPS Number, please enter your PPS Number and click the submit button. A message will be displayed confirming whether or not the PPSN is currently associated with a profile on publicjobs.ie.
How are PPS numbers generated?
The format of the PPS number was defined as being nine characters in length, consisting of 7 digits in positions 1 to 7, followed by a check character in position 8, with either a space or the letter “W” in position 9.