- 1 What cities are on the same latitude as Dublin?
- 2 What countries are on the same latitude as Ireland?
- 3 What parallel is Dublin Ireland?
- 4 What degree north is Ireland?
- 5 Is Ireland at a high latitude?
- 6 What countries are at 40 degrees latitude?
- 7 Is Ireland considered to be part of Europe?
- 8 Is Ireland an oceanic island?
- 9 What is Ireland known for?
- 10 What is the climate of Ireland?
- 11 What are some fun facts about Ireland?
- 12 How far north is Dublin?
- 13 What is Ireland prevailing wind?
- 14 Which county in Ireland is furthest from the sea?
What cities are on the same latitude as Dublin?
Cities at the same latitude as Dublin
|Hamburg, Germany||53.55073, 9.99302|
|Samara, Russia||53.20007, 50.15|
|Liverpool, United Kingdom||53.41058, -2.97794|
|Sheffield, United Kingdom||53.38297, -1.4659|
What countries are on the same latitude as Ireland?
Introduction – Ireland in Europe Although it is on the same latitude as Canada’s Hudson Bay, Russia’s Kamchatka Peninsula and southern Alaska, Ireland enjoys a temperate maritime climate.
What parallel is Dublin Ireland?
The 53rd parallel north is a circle of latitude that is 53 degrees north of the Earth’s equatorial plane.
What degree north is Ireland?
Ireland is located at latitude 53.41291 and longitude -8.24389. It is part of Europe and the northern hemisphere. Latitude and longitude of Ireland.
|Decimal Degrees (DD)||53.4129° N||8.2439° W|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes (DDM)||53°24.775′ N||8°14.633′ W|
Is Ireland at a high latitude?
The GPS coordinates of Ireland are a latitude of 53.1424° N, and longitude of 7.6921° W. Ireland is located in the northern and western hemispheres, made known by the cardinal direction attached to each of the two GPS coordinates. Ireland is also found to the north of the equator.
What countries are at 40 degrees latitude?
Around the world
|Co-ordinates||Country, territory or sea|
|40 °0′N 71°48′E||Uzbekistan|
|40 °0′N 71°50′E||Kyrgyzstan|
|40 °0′N 73°58′E||China|
|40 °0′N 119°54′E||Pacific Ocean|
Is Ireland considered to be part of Europe?
Ireland is a member of the European Union and is a founding member of the Council of Europe and the OECD.
Is Ireland an oceanic island?
Ireland is an island in Northwestern Europe in the north Atlantic Ocean. The island lies on the European continental shelf, part of the Eurasian Plate. Geography of Ireland.
|Climate||temperate oceanic climate with abundant rainfall|
|Terrain||flat, low-lying area in the midlands, ringed by mountain ranges|
What is Ireland known for?
10 amazing things Ireland is famous for & gave the world
- Riverdance – lord of the dance.
- The arts – another of the top things Ireland is famous for.
- Irish hospitality – the friendliest country.
- The drinks – our mouth is watering.
- The food – the land of hearty meals.
- Landscape – rugged, wild, and just magical.
What is the climate of Ireland?
The climate of Ireland is mild, humid and changeable with abundant rainfall and a lack of temperature extremes. January and February are the coldest months of the year, and mean daily air temperatures fall between 4 and 7 °C (39.2 and 44.6 °F) during these months.
What are some fun facts about Ireland?
12 Fun Facts About Ireland
- St. Patrick Wasn’t Irish.
- The Harp. Ireland is the only country in the world to have a musical instrument as it’s national symbol.
- Postal Codes.
- Wearing Green.
- The first St.
How far north is Dublin?
Distance facts Dublin is 3,685.73 mi (5,931.60 km) north of the equator, so it is located in the northern hemisphere. How far is it from Dublin to the South Pole? From Dublin to the South Pole, it is 9,904.82 mi (15,940.26 km) in the north.
What is Ireland prevailing wind?
The prevailing wind direction is between south and west. Average annual wind speeds range from 3m/s in parts of south Leinster to over 8 m/s in the extreme north.
Which county in Ireland is furthest from the sea?
Located in the Midlands of Ireland and in the province of Leinster, County Laois sits at a point furthest away from the shores of the sea than any other county on the island.