- 1 What should I see in Northern Ireland?
- 2 Where should I go in Northern Ireland today?
- 3 What is the most visited place in Northern Ireland?
- 4 Where should I go for a day trip in Northern Ireland?
- 5 Is it dangerous to visit Northern Ireland?
- 6 What food is Northern Ireland famous for?
- 7 What is the IRA fighting for?
- 8 What can you do in Belfast for free?
- 9 What can you do on a rainy day in Northern Ireland?
- 10 Is Northern Ireland scenic?
- 11 Where should I stay in Northern Ireland?
- 12 What exactly is the Northern Ireland protocol?
- 13 Is Coleraine worth visiting?
- 14 Is Ireland or Northern Ireland part of the UK?
- 15 Where can I get a ferry to Northern Ireland?
What should I see in Northern Ireland?
10 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Northern Ireland
- The Giant’s Causeway. The Giant’s Causeway.
- The Causeway Coast and Dunluce Castle. Dunluce Castle.
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.
- The Titanic Belfast.
- The Glens of Antrim.
- Carrickfergus Castle.
- Ards Peninsula.
- The Ulster Folk and Transport Museum.
Where should I go in Northern Ireland today?
The most popular places to go in Northern Ireland
- 1 – The Giants Causeway. Photo by Arthur Ward.
- 2 – The Dark Hedges. The Dark Hedges: Photo by Matthew Woodhouse.
- 3 – Cuilcagh Mountain.
- 4 – Dunluce Castle.
- 5 – Dery City Walls.
- 6 – The Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge.
- 7 – The Crumlin Road Gaol.
- 8 – Mussenden Temple.
What is the most visited place in Northern Ireland?
Northern Ireland top tourism attractions revealed
- Northern Ireland’s most visited and least popular tourist destinations last year have been revealed.
- The Giant’s Causeway came top, with 790,000 visits, followed by Titanic Belfast (630,000), the Ulster Museum (470,000) and Derry’s Walls (370,000).
Where should I go for a day trip in Northern Ireland?
Giant’s Causeway and Coastal Road Trip
- Giant’s Causeway.
- Old Bushmills Distillery.
- Mussenden Temple and Dunluce Castle.
- Seamus Heaney HomePlace.
- Lough Neagh.
- The Jungle NI.
- Galgorm Resort and Spa.
- Ulster American Folk Park.
Is it dangerous to visit Northern Ireland?
Northern Ireland is extremely safe for tourists to visit. When political crime does happen, it is usually inter-communal violence or crime committed by paramilitaries which are never directed towards tourists. Indeed, there hasn’t been any indication of foreigners or tourist areas being targeted by terrorists.
What food is Northern Ireland famous for?
What to eat in Northern Ireland? Top 10 Most popular Northern Irish Dishes
- Side Dish. Soda Bread Farl. Northern Ireland.
- Sweet Bread. Potato Apple Bread. County Armagh.
- Pancake. Potato Bread Farl. Northern Ireland.
- Bread. Wheaten Bread. Northern Ireland.
- Cake. Fifteens.
- Savory Pie. Pastie.
- Sausage. Vegetable Roll.
- Potato Dish. Champ.
What is the IRA fighting for?
The Irish Republican Army (IRA; Irish: Óglaigh na hÉireann), also known as the Provisional Irish Republican Army, and informally as the Provos, was an Irish republican paramilitary organisation that sought to end British rule in Northern Ireland, facilitate Irish reunification and bring about an independent, socialist
What can you do in Belfast for free?
Free Things to Do in Belfast
- Ulster Museum.
- Botanic Gardens.
- Dome at Victoria Square.
- Big Fish.
- Titanic Trail.
- Discover Ulster Scots.
- Belfast Free Walking Tour.
- NI Music Exhibition at Oh Yeah Music Centre.
What can you do on a rainy day in Northern Ireland?
Rainy Days in Belfast
- Ulster Museum. A top, free attraction in Belfast, the Ulster Museum captures the imaginations of old and young visitors alike.
- Dundonald International Icebowl.
- Ulster Transport Museum.
- Exploris Aquarium.
- Lost City Adventure Golf.
- Thunder Park.
- Belfast Cathedral.
Is Northern Ireland scenic?
Its fantastical scenery was largely thanks to this region’s rustic beauty. Home to the stunning Giant’s Causeway, majestic Mourne Mountains, and bustling Belfast, Northern Ireland has too many impressive sights to see in one visit. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try!
Where should I stay in Northern Ireland?
Northern Ireland Hotels and Places to Stay
- Europa Hotel – Belfast. View Hotel.
- Jurys Inn Belfast. View Hotel.
- The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. View Hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Belfast. View Hotel.
- Holiday Inn Belfast City Centre.
- Culloden Estate & Spa.
- Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) hotel.
- Holiday Inn Express Belfast City.
What exactly is the Northern Ireland protocol?
The Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland, commonly abbreviated to the Northern Ireland Protocol, is a protocol to the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement that covers the special situation in Northern Ireland. Its terms were negotiated in 2019 and agreed and concluded in December 2020.
Is Coleraine worth visiting?
Coleraine is a smaller but beautiful upcoming tourist destination that is worth a visit. You will be surprised by some of the unique things to do and places you can explore at this hidden destination. You can definitely plan a few hours of a side trip here while traveling to Belfast or Donegal.
Is Ireland or Northern Ireland part of the UK?
Northern Ireland is a distinct legal jurisdiction, separate from the two other jurisdictions in the United Kingdom (England and Wales, and Scotland). Northern Ireland law developed from Irish law that existed before the partition of Ireland in 1921.
Where can I get a ferry to Northern Ireland?
Find Ferries to Northern Ireland
- Ferry Company. Ferry Route. Frequency. Duration. From.
- P&O Irish Sea. Cairnryan Larne. 7 Daily. 2h. Scotland.
- Steam Packet. Douglas Belfast. 1 Weekly. 2h 45m. Isle of Man.
- Stena Line. Cairnryan Belfast. 5 Daily. 2h 15m. Scotland.
- Stena Line. Liverpool Birkenhead Belfast. 11 Weekly. 8h. England.