- 1 What are the qualifications to be a bus driver?
- 2 How much does it cost to get a PSV Licence?
- 3 Can I drive a bus on car Licence?
- 4 How much does it cost to get a rigid Licence in Ireland?
- 5 How long is training to be a bus driver?
- 6 What is the responsibility of a bus driver?
- 7 How do I get a PSV license?
- 8 Who needs a PSV Licence?
- 9 How much does a D1 Licence cost?
- 10 What is the biggest vehicle you can drive on a car Licence?
- 11 Can I drive a 16 seater minibus on a car Licence?
- 12 What is the largest vehicle you can drive on a car Licence?
- 13 Can you get a full license at 17 Ireland?
- 14 Can I drive while waiting for my Licence Ireland?
- 15 Can I drive on my own after passing my test in Ireland?
What are the qualifications to be a bus driver?
What we need from you
- Hold a full driver’s licence, with at least one year’s UK driving experience*
- Be prepared to work varying shift patterns, which include rostered weekends and bank holidays.
- Hold a current PCV licence & DQC or be prepared to train for one.
- Sense of humour and enthusiastic attitude.
How much does it cost to get a PSV Licence?
How much does the PSV Licence cost? You will firstly need to get your provisional (Cat D) PSV / PCV licence which is free but for this you will need to have passed your Group 4 medical which will cost around £80.
Can I drive a bus on car Licence?
There are special licensing arrangements allowing you to drive minibuses and buses without holding the higher Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) driving licence entitlement. Drivers of minibuses having nine to 16 passenger seats will need to hold a PCV licence category D1 or a category D licence to drive larger buses.
How much does it cost to get a rigid Licence in Ireland?
Post or bring the completed applications to your local NDLS office the fee of €35 and the theory test certificate. Apply for the C Driving Test on http://www.drivingtest.ie or by filling out the form & posting it to the RSA with the fee of €152.
How long is training to be a bus driver?
How long will it take to become a bus driver with Go‑Ahead London? Your initial licence acquisition training will last approximately 7-8 weeks. Our driver training programme is part of a “Level 2 Passenger Transport Driver – Bus ” apprenticeship programme.
What is the responsibility of a bus driver?
A bus driver is trained to drive a bus, and may work for private clients, transportation services and schools. Their primary responsibility is to follow an assigned route and pick up passengers along that route. They take these passengers to specified destinations along their route.
How do I get a PSV license?
- Visit the National Transport and Safety Authority Website NTSA and under the Quick links section click on th PSV licence applications.
- Create account with NTS by filling in your names and ID number.
Who needs a PSV Licence?
You need a public service vehicle ( PSV ) operator’s licence to: operate a vehicle for hire or reward (payment or payment in kind) that can carry 9 or more passengers. operate a smaller vehicle carrying passengers and charging separate fares for the journey.
How much does a D1 Licence cost?
D1 Minibus training cost: £500+VAT (£600) plus £115 DVSA test fee. D1 +E Minibus and Trailer training cost: £350+VAT (£420) plus £115 DVSA test fee. Get in touch for details.
What is the biggest vehicle you can drive on a car Licence?
One crucial thing you need to be aware of is a van’s Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM). This is the maximum weight of any vehicle you can drive if you have a ‘B’ licence, and it must be no more than 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes).
Can I drive a 16 seater minibus on a car Licence?
You might be able to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats using your current car driving licence as long as there’s no payment from or on behalf of the passengers (it’s not for ‘hire or reward’).
What is the largest vehicle you can drive on a car Licence?
You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg MAM with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg). You can also tow heavier trailers if the total MAM of the vehicle and trailer is not more than 3,500kg. You can drive motor tricycles with a power output higher than 15kW if you are over 21 years old.
Can you get a full license at 17 Ireland?
You need to be at least 17 years old to drive in Ireland.
Can I drive while waiting for my Licence Ireland?
As it is an offence to drive a vehicle on a public road without being the holder of a valid licence authorising you to drive the vehicle it is not advised to wait to renew the licence. You can apply for the new licence when your current one expires. It will continue to be valid until its expiration date.
Can I drive on my own after passing my test in Ireland?
If you pass, you will be given a Certificate of Competency, which is valid for two years. It is important to note, however, that a Certificate of Competency is not a licence, and a driver holding one cannot drive on a motorway, remove their ‘L’ plates or drive unaccompanied until they possess their full licence.