- 1 Is Bray worth visiting?
- 2 What is Bray famous for?
- 3 What is there to do in Bray today?
- 4 Is Bray Ireland safe?
- 5 Is Greystones worth visiting?
- 6 Is Bray in Dublin or Wicklow?
- 7 Who is the most famous person from Ireland?
- 8 Which famous people live in Bray?
- 9 Is fassaroe rough?
- 10 How long is the walk from Bray to Greystones?
- 11 What Dublin Bus Goes to Bray?
- 12 Where in Ireland is Dalkey?
- 13 Is Bray a rough area?
- 14 Is Bray Ireland a nice place to live?
- 15 Is it safe to swim in Bray?
Is Bray worth visiting?
Known as the Cliff Walk, this coastal jaunt snakes its way alongside Bray Head and affords some of the most breathtaking views of Ireland’s East Coast.
What is Bray famous for?
Bray is the biggest town in County Wicklow. It is known as the Gateway to the Garden of Ireland and is the longest established seaside town in Ireland. It is only 19km (12 miles) south of Dublin and is reached by DART, Train, Bus or the N11 road.
What is there to do in Bray today?
The best things to do in Bray
- Climb Bray Head.
- Post-climb ice cream and a ramble along Bray Seafront.
- Sea Life Bray (perfect for those of you looking for things to do in Bray today with kids!)
- The Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk.
- A post-adventure pint in one of the finest pubs in the land.
- Killruddery House & Gardens.
Is Bray Ireland safe?
Crime rates in Bray, Ireland
|Level of crime||45.97||Moderate|
|Crime increasing in the past 3 years||58.06||Moderate|
|Worries home broken and things stolen||43.55||Moderate|
|Worries being mugged or robbed||36.29||Low|
|Worries car stolen||28.23||Low|
Is Greystones worth visiting?
Is Greystones worth visiting? Yes! Greystones is a gorgeous little village to stop off in for a ramble around if you’re visiting the area. It also makes a great base to explore Wicklow from.
Is Bray in Dublin or Wicklow?
Bray is the most northerly town in Co. Wicklow, being located at the Dublin – Wicklow border, with parts of the town actually being located in Co. Dublin.
Who is the most famous person from Ireland?
Top 10 most famous Irish people ever
- Enya – singing sensation.
- Oscar Wilde – literary great.
- James Joyce – influential writer.
- Mary Robinson – Ireland’s first female president.
- Katie Taylor – inspiring female boxer.
- Maureen O’Hara – star of the silver screen.
- Micheal Collins – revolutionary leader.
Which famous people live in Bray?
Famous Residents of Bray
- Mary Coughlan currently resides in the town.
- Finn Bálor, professional wrestler with WWE was born and trains in the town.
- Hozier, a singer/songwriter is from Bray.
- Eddie Jordan, former racing driver and Jordan Grand Prix founder.
- Ed Joyce, professional cricketer.
Is fassaroe rough?
In a report compiled by Bray Local Task Force in 2001, it was recorded that Fassaroe was one of the most deprived areas in the country. Fassaroe is still one of the most deprived areas in the country, with huge unemployment, a high incidence of single parenthood, early school leaving and antisocial behaviour.
How long is the walk from Bray to Greystones?
All in all, the Bray to Greystones walk takes between 1.5 and 2.5 hours (depending on pace), with a total of 130m climbed across the 7km span. The highest point on the walk stands at 100m above sea level, affording some spectacular views across the adjacent Irish Sea.
What Dublin Bus Goes to Bray?
Route 155 will operate seven days a week between furniture superstore IKEA in Ballymun on Dublin’s northside all the way to Bray Rail Station in Co Wicklow.
Where in Ireland is Dalkey?
Dalkey (/ˈdɔːki/ DAW-kee; Irish: Deilginis, meaning ‘thorn island’) is an affluent suburb of Dublin, and a seaside resort southeast of the city, and the town of Dún Laoghaire, in the historic County Dublin, Ireland.
Is Bray a rough area?
One thing to be aware of is that there are a few rough areas in the town. Bray is a nice little town in North County Wicklow. Easy to train bus or drive into Dublin 30–40 minutes. Scenery walking, fishing, access to Wicklow forests and hills, beaches, pubs/restaurants.
Is Bray Ireland a nice place to live?
Bray is the best place I’ve ever lived! Many people seem to think that Bray’s only value is its proximity to Dublin. We are indeed fortunate to enjoy small-town living while having an easy and scenic commute to all the capital has to offer. However, there is a lot more to living in Bray.
Is it safe to swim in Bray?
No unsafe areas, although swimming at the Forty Foot is discouraged. Wicklow: Arklow, Bray, Brittas Bay, Greystones and Wicklow town have full-time lifeguard cover from June to August. No unsafe beaches, although parts of Brittas are signposted for undercurrents and large swells.